Google Apps

Welcome Back!
This week in EDU 222 we were tasked with exploring a google app and how it might be useful to the lesson we are planning.

In my Civil War unit I could see the google sites application being supremely useful, in quite a few different ways. I could use it to create myself a digital platform that holds all of the handouts or the daily agendas. It would allow students to click on the hyperlinks embedded in it to get the presentation or document on their computer screens so it was a quick reference or blow up the text size if they had a visual impairment so they can better read the document/slideshow.
Another perspective is that it could be used for the students to create portfolios to show evidence of which standards they have met and those that they have yet to work on. Design it as a reflection of themselves, put their own personal spin on it. I had in mind having the students create a timeline, whether physical or digital to present the events or turning points of the Civil War that they felt were the most important. This could be used as another option or making it portfolio style, where they were still able to show me a physical product and have reasonings behind all of the events as to why they picked them and what happened.
As far as how it would go over in the classroom, I wouldn't foresee any major issues with using it or having my students use it. I think it is kind of fun to interact with technology in new ways in the classroom. Keeps things interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Wise Teachers Part 4&5 #EDU223 #WiseTeacher