Three Wise Teachers Parts 2 & 3 #EDU223 #Threewiseteachersproject

Hello Again! Lots of posts for one day!!

For my EDU 223 we were tasked with contacting teachers from our past that have influenced in one way or another. We had to thank them for their influence and ask for a small favor, which included them sharing resources that they think are beneficial to what we are currently doing. It could've been anything from curriculum planning tools to tools that focus on their specific content area. 

My first shoutout is to Brandon Dudley, a Secondary Education English teacher at ELHS. He shared with me some specific English related resources he has found helpful over the years. The first was Chop Bard podcast, which helps with understanding Shakespeare's writings. The next was the inkwell, https://wr.english.fsu.edu/College-Composition/The-Inkwell. This focuses with writing based instruction. The last resource was the Perdue OWL which is helpful to get your students understanding and writing in MLA format. Thanks for the resources Mr. Dudley!!

The second teacher that I contacted was Sue Jordan, that teaches a wide variety of things at ELHS. She mentioned that she knows a lot of teachers who find Google Classroom to be a good structural and organizational tool. She also mentioned an article she found in a magazine called, Educational Leadership, titled What is a Professional Learning Community? Thanks for the resources!!!

The third teacher that I had the pleasure of talking to again was Eric Gray. A former Social Studies and English teacher now turned administrator at ELHS. He shared with me the following three sites, that helped him with getting his students to think like historians.
sheg.stanford.edu.               
dbqproject.com
bie.org
Thank you for the awesome sites that I have already started using with my lesson planning!

My final teacher was Nate Theriault who teaches a few different Social Studies topics at ELHS. He contributed two amazing, although long, attachments with so many different tools about instruction and ways to structure your classroom. (The files were to large for me to upload them directly so I put them into a google drive folder, here is the link so that you can go and look them over: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q4b9jZW-eIuBZLoYeLh19Vf9QaCH_ddR?usp=sharing). Thank you so much!

I am not sure if any of you will actually read this posting, however I am very grateful for the impact you had on my life and influencing me into getting into the education field and for the resources you shared with me and my classmates. I know from the responses to the emails I sent all of you, you were excited to hear from me, I hope you know I too was excited to hear back and am over the moon with gratefulness for all of the resources you were able to send me.

Comments

  1. Very nice shout out. These three sound like teachers I'd like to meet and work with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Three Wise Teachers Part 4&5 #EDU223 #WiseTeacher