SoundTrack EDU 222

Another assignment for EDU 222 this week was picking three songs that represent or connect to the beliefs each of has about technology's place in the classroom.

So for my first song I chose, Lee Brice's Love Like crazy. A little background on the song if you've never heard it before is an older gentleman telling a younger person about the success of his marriage and life. This is the my second song because the lyrics where it says, "They called him crazy when he quit his job, said them home computers boy they'll never take off, well he sold his one man shop to Microsoft". It just goes to show how quickly technology took off, and it resonates with how technology is still one of the biggest advancing industries that we still have today. So I think being able to experience with new technology and programming in the classroom is going to be a key to success. If you can keep up with current technology it will also keep students engaged because you might be able to show them something that they haven't seen before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhvS8ciEpQ

My second song is, Remind Me by Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood. I really only have one short line in the chorus where I got inspiration for this one, "Remind me, baby remind me". I took this line at a very literal translation in being that it says remind. I feel like a lot of the time students have so much going on in their lives- whether we know about it as educators or not. I think setting up something like a google calendar so students can keep track of their assignments. I think a lot of the time students are overwhelmed with how much work they have at times being able to see when everything is due might help them to prioritize assignments that are due before others. Another useful tool that I thought of to combat this problem is an application such as Remind. Remind allows you to contact your students through technology like their phones or an email and remind them about assignments due or tests coming up that they need to study for. Without breaking like school policies where you can't or aren't suppose to contact your students with your personal stuff like cell phone numbers, ect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8

My final song is, Write This Down by George Straight. I chose this song because I can really relate to the chorus, "Write this down, take a little note to remind you in case you didn't know." I personally can remember more taking hand written notes than I can typing notes on my laptop. As a teacher I would like to give my students choices in taking their notes or writing their assignments in almost any form that they wish to. With that being said, I don't want to completely phase out technology from my classroom. I would like to incorporate just as much pen and paper options as I have technology options. Because I know that there will be days when the technology just won't work right, so keeping my students engaged with both platforms allows me to transition back and forth easily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RShoE41nSWI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Wise Teachers Part 4&5 #EDU223 #WiseTeacher